Our mission

My photo
We are serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Buenos Aires, Argentina and work with the Perpetual Education Fund and Welfare. We are priviledged to work with wonderful people are here to serve.

Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15, 2011

After church was over, some of the children in the Zarate 2nd ward wanted to sing some primary songs so I played and we had some fun while we waited for the baptism to begin.  The missionaries were heating water on the stove in the kitchen because the water heater didn't work.  All they had to use were some old coffee pots!  It was rather funny and the water was still really cold, but no one complained.  The sister below in the green sweater was baptized a few months ago and now her husband was getting baptized.  The little girl who is about 11 years old was getting baptized, too.  Her parents and 7 brothers and sisters were all there but have not joined the church yet due to some difficulties, but hopefully, they will be baptized soon.  There was an ancient upright piano in this room that I played to accompany the hymns.  It was so out of tune that I couldn't tell if I was playing the right notes or not!  But we had a great meeting and good support from ward members.  The missionaries have been working really hard in this area!

 I found another new baby during another visit!
We were invited to the 8th birthday party of a little girl in our ward, Faviola.  Her dad, Juan, works with us in the area office and has been a good friend along with his wife, Marisol.  Juan is the mission leader in our ward.  Marisol cooked a delicious dinner of beef ribs, chicken and rice and salad and made a beautiful cake.  I brought peanut butter cookies, which no one had ever tasted before!  

No comments: